Differences between electric push rod and electric cylinder
1. From the lead screw form: the electric push rod is mostly made of ordinary trapezoidal lead screw and rolled ball screw; The electric cylinder is mostly made of ground ball screw and planetary ball screw
2. From the connection form with the motor: the electric push rod is mostly driven by gears, turbine vortex rods, etc., with low efficiency; The electric cylinder is usually connected to the motor directly by coupling or synchronous pulley, which is very efficient
3. In terms of linear speed, the speed of electric push rod is generally<100mm/s; The speed of electric cylinder can reach 2m/s
4. In terms of accuracy: the accuracy of AC electric push rod is 0.1-0.2mm, and the accuracy of DC electric push rod is 1-2mm; The accuracy of electric cylinder is 0.01-02mm
5. Slave control mode: generally, the electric push rod can only control 0 point and Z large stroke positions (the middle position can also be controlled by adding servo motor or stepping motor, but it is troublesome); The electric cylinder can be started and stopped at any position
The reason why electric cylinder is called electric cylinder or servo electric cylinder is that its performance is close to that of hydraulic cylinder, for example, the thrust can reach 35 tons, the speed can reach 2 m/s, and the stroke is relatively long. Compared with hydraulic cylinder and cylinder, electric cylinder does not need hydraulic and air sources, but it can control the movement of electric cylinder by giving ordinary AC power and controlling the movement of servo motor.
The reason why the electric push rod can only be called a push rod is that it can only push and pull. The Z large thrust is basically difficult to exceed 10 tons, the speed is less than 100 mm/s, and the travel cannot be very long.